Calendly users have access to browser extensions, available on Chrome and Firefox, making impromptu scheduling easy.
Features available with Calendly extension
- See and share your scheduling links with invitees
- Create one-off meetings
- Add available times to an email
- Create a meeting poll
- Users can integrate with Gmail, Google calendar, LinkedIn and Gong
Install the extension
To use any of the provided browser extensions, first install the extension by navigating to the Integrations tab located at the top of your Calendly homepage.
Enable Calendly's Gmail, Google calendar, LinkedIn and Gong extensions to get the most out of your browser extensions. To ensure they are turned on, please see images below in dropdown of how to access the integrations tabs:
Share your scheduling links
Open the Calendly browser extension from your browser toolbar and locate the event type that you would like to share with your invitee. Beneath that event type, choose one of the three link sharing options:
- Choose Copy link to simply copy your event scheduling link and paste it.
- Choose Copy single-use link if you want this event to only be booked once by your invitee. The single-use link will expire once the event has been booked.
- Choose Add times to email to select up to 3 specific dates you want to offer for this event type. Once you have selected your desired dates, select Finish and Share. Calendly will offer time slots you are available on the desired dates. The times chosen will automatically copy to your clipboard. Lastly paste the times into a newly composed email.
Create a one-off meeting, new event type, or meeting poll
Open the Calendly extension form your browser toolbar.
Select Create at the top of the extension page and then select One-off meeting.
Once you select a One-off meeting, a pop-up screen will appear and you can customize your meeting from there.
You can also create a new One-off meeting directly from your email composition page.
Open the Calendly extension from your browser toolbar.
Select Create at the top of the extension page and then select Event type.
A new browser tab will open automatically and take you to your Calendly account to set up a new event type.
Open the Calendly for Chrome or Firefox extension from your browser toolbar.
Select Create at the top of the extension page and then select Meeting Poll.
A new browser tab will open automatically and take you to your Calendly account to set up a new Meeting Poll. Check out this guide on Meeting Polls for more information.
Organize your event types
To easily find your favorite event types, favorite them on the extension for quick access.
- Select the star next to the event type name you want to favorite
- Calendly then displays a gray star next to the event type name.
- Find all of your favorited event types listed under Starred.
Additional setting in the extension
To quickly edit your event types, open the Calendly browser extension and locate the event you want to edit. Then, select the gear icon at the top right, on that event type, select "Edit event type" and a new tab will automatically open to that event type's settings in your Calendly account.
Internal notes can only be seen by you and your meeting host. These helpful when you need to:
clarify which event types are preferred for different meetings
remind yourself which event types accept payments
remind yourself which event types have extended hours of availability
Add an internal note from the Calendly browser extension by typing your message in the Add an internal note box.
This note will appear on the corresponding Event type in your Calendly account.
To access the live scheduling page for your event types from the extension, select the gear icon next to the event type, then "View booking page" to open its scheduling page.
By clicking the gear icon at the top right of your event type, in the dropdown menu, you can select the option to "customize once and share." Upon clicking this option, a pop-up window will open to reveal the settings.