Eliminate the back-and-forth of working between apps and automate your workload with Workflows
Calendly members on the paid Pro subscription can automate the extra work that comes with booking meetings. You may want to automatically send messages to invitees before or after booked Calendly events without the guesswork. Currently, you may be using multiple applications or manually copying and pasting event and invitee information between Calendly and another application to get these kind of tasks done. Not anymore with Workflows.
Note: Workflows for Team event types is currently in beta. To be included in the beta, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Choose how the Workflow starts
Just specify the conditions under which you want something to happen, and Calendly automatically performs them for one or more types of events. Choose to send an email or text to yourself, another host, or your invitees. Then choose to start the workflow when this happens:
- New event is scheduled
- Before an event starts
- Event starts
- Event ends
- Event is cancelled
Note: "New event is scheduled" and "Event is cancelled" have unique behaviors for group events. For "New event is scheduled" it fires when the first invitee books, but not subsequent ones. For "Event is Cancelled" it fires when the last invitee cancels (and entire meeting becomes cancelled).
If you choose a time-based condition, specify how many hours or days before or after the scheduled event that the Workflow runs. If the scheduled event is in the past, the Workflow will still run as long as the time-based condition has not passed.
Customize your messages
Use a Calendly email or text template to create your message. Then choose from a collection of variables that Calendly replaces with actual information about your invitees and event.
Note: To populate your Workflow messages automatically with the invitee's phone number by using the Invitee Phone Number variable, you'll need to create a send text to invitee Workflow so that the invitee's phone number is requested on your event scheduling page. For more info, see send text messages with Workflows.
Create as many Workflows as you want
View Workflows associated with each event type
Within each event type there's a dedicated section where you can view its associated Workflows without the need to navigate pages.
Avoid sending duplicate messages with Workflows
If you create or use a Workflow with the same action as one of your event types, such as sending a email reminder or follow-up email, then you'll be notified during the setup process that the Workflow could cause duplicate messages and be given links to edit the affected event types.
Automate your workload
- How to use a pre-built, common workflow
- How to create your own custom workflow
- Editing an existing workflow
- How to clone an existing workflow
- How to send workflow emails from your Gmail account
- Send text messages with Workflows
- See workflow activity for scheduled events with Timeline
- Marking no-shows in Workflows
Create Workflows for other users (for admins and owners only)
- How to set who in your organization can create workflows (for admins and owners only)
- How to set up a pre-built, common workflow for a team member (for admins and owners only)
- How to create a custom workflow for a team member (for admins and owners only)
- How to change a team member's existing workflow (for admins and owners only)
- How to delete a team member's workflow (for admins and owners only)