IN THIS ARTICLE:
Visit your Integrations page and select HubSpot to connect and authenticate HubSpot.
Note: HubSpot authentication is restricted to Calendly users whose role is defined as Owner or Admin via the Users Page.
When an event is scheduled, Calendly will search for the invitee's email in HubSpot and create or update that contact and activity.
- If there is no matching contact, then a new contact will be created using the Calendly invitee's name and email.
- If there is a matching contact, then the owner of the contact will not be updated to the matching Calendly user. The integration will maintain the contact's attributes.
- If the Calendly user does not exist as a user within HubSpot, then the owner of the contact will be set to unassigned.
Note: A booked Calendly meeting will count as a HubSpot meeting and remove the matching contact from any pre-existing HubSpot sequences.
When an invitee schedules a meeting, a new activitywill be created with the following:
- Type: Meeting
- Meeting Name
- Event Duration
- Attendee count
When an event is canceled or rescheduled by either party, the activity will be updated and both parties will be notified. Canceled events will update the activity as [Canceled] <event name> in HubSpot. The activity does not disappear giving you a complete history of activity for the account.
Note: Calendly events with a duration of less than 15 minutes will be displayed as a Meeting with a 15 minute duration in HubSpot. Changes made to the date or duration of a scheduled meeting within HubSpot will not reflect back in Calendly.
Custom Questions and Answers
The answers to custom questions that you create in Calendly will be passed alongside the scheduled meeting in HubSpot. You can locate the questions and answers under the Activity tab of a Contact.
Mapping Custom Answers to HubSpot Properties
With HubSpot Workflows (available on HubSpot Professional or Enterprise), you can map responses from custom questions you create in Calendly to contact or company properties in HubSpot. To do this, log in HubSpot and navigate to Automations, then Workflows. Then:
Create an Enrollment Trigger and:
- Select Activity Property as filter type
- Select Meeting name
- Select Contains any of
- Add new/Create option Calendly
- Select Apply Filter
Then, add an Action and:
- Scroll to Contact properties
- Select Copy contact property value
- Set the Source contact property to a Calendly value, (Calendly Custom Answer 1, 2, 3...10) Note: Calendly Custom Answers are the responses your invitee gives to the custom questions you've added to your Calendly booking form.)
- Set the Target Property Type to Contact Property
- Set the Target Property to a specific HubSpot contact property you want to populate with a value from one of previously copied Calendly custom answers. (For example, you should select Job Function as the specific contact property if you have a related Calendly custom question on your booking form, "What is your job function?")
Once you are complete with your workflow, you can run a test and enroll an existing contact to see if it would meet the enrollment criteria based on the workflow you created:
Once the workflow is saved, you can choose to enroll newly added contacts who meet the trigger criteria or enroll pre-existing contacts who already meet the trigger criteria. Depending on your selection, this will either map Calendly's custom answers to contact or company properties on newly added HubSpot contacts moving forward or pre-existing HubSpot contacts as of now.
Once the workflow is turned on, any new Calendly meeting that is scheduled will be passed to HubSpot with "Calendly" in its meeting name and enrolled into the workflow. The Calendly custom answer you've specified will be copied to the specific HubSpot contact property field you've designated.