Skip to main content
How to set up SAML SSO with Microsoft AD FS
Who can use this feature?
Before you begin...
- SAML Single Sign-On (SSO) is only available for Enterprise accounts.
- Only account owners and admins can enable SSO.
- In How to set up SAML SSO with your identity provider, complete Steps 1-3.
- Send an email to Calendly at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following message:
I request a metadata file to connect ADFS with SAML SSO.
Note: You must complete Step 1. Configure Calendly before sending a message, since Step 1 creates an IdP record in Okta.
- Once you receive the metadata file from Calendly, go to Microsoft AD FS, locate Relying Party Trusts, select Import data about the relying party from a file, and upload the metadata file. For more details, view the screenshot below and Microsoft's To create a claims aware Relying Party Trust using federation metadata.
- Once you upload the metadata file, go to Calendly, navigate to Account, Organization Settings, then Single sign-on.
- Under Step Two: Enable SSO for yourself, select Test connection.
- Complete the remaining steps in How to set up SAML SSO with your identity provider.