What are no-shows?
Calendly’s “no-show” feature allows hosts to mark whether or not an invitee attended a previously scheduled event. When combined with our reconfirmation Workflow, you can now track an invitee’s engagement before and after your event.
How to use Calendly’s no-show function
- Select the Scheduled Events tab.
- Go to your Past events, and click on the Details button for your chosen event.
- Click the Mark as no-show button next to an invitee.
- Confirm your decision.
The invitee will now have a red icon labelling them as a no-show to your scheduled event.
Anyone marked as a no-show will not receive scheduled post-meeting Workflows (e.g. a 'thank you' follow up) (because they did not attend.)
- In addition to Workflows, the no-show status will also work with an event type's email follow-ups.
- The No Show button only will be visible for events that have passed the originally scheduled "start time."
- The no-show status is included in a Scheduled Events CSV export.
- Hosts can undo a no-show if they change their mind.
- This option is also available for group events, where each invitee can be marked as a 'no-show' separately.