To secure events you book using Calendly where the location is a Zoom video teleconference, you can have Calendly insert a unique Zoom password into the invitation your invitees use to join the event. Each meeting has a unique password that can't be used in later meetings.
Before you begin:
To prevent unwanted access to your events, Zoom requires users with free (basic) accounts to validate by associating a credit card number with their Zoom account. The card you provide won't be used for billing purposes, it's only used to verify that you are you.
How to add a unique password to your Zoom events
IMPORTANT NOTE: if your free account is managed by an organization, contact your account administrator who will need to enable passwords and lock the setting for the organization.
- Go to www.zoom.us, and log into your account.
- On the upper-right side of the page, click your profile picture and select Settings.
- On the left side of the page select Account Management.
- Select Billing, then Billing Information, enter your name, address, and credit card information, then select Save.
- Select Account Settings.
- Turn on Require a password when scheduling new meetings.
- If a lock icon appears on the right, select it as well to lock in the settings.
- If you also want to require passwords for your personal meeting ID (PMI), select Require a password for Personal Meeting ID then click the lock icon on the right of that option.
- Select Save Changes.