Step 1: Create your event
When getting started with Calendly, you'll already have default events on your Calendly home page. We'll guide you through some quick changes you can make to have them work even better for you.
- From the Calendly Home page, use the blue + Create button and select Event Type.
- Note: If you would like to edit one of the default events rather than create a new event, from your Event types tab, select the gear icon on the event tile and select Edit.
- Choose which event you want to create.
- Select What event is this?, then enter an Event name.
- At Location, select a location for the event (e.g. enter your address or select an online meeting).
- Select Save and Close.
- Select When can people book this event? and adjust the following settings:
- Optional: On the calendar, block off any additional times when you're not available. (We already block times marked as "busy" in the calendar you connected to Calendly.)
- Select Next. This will save your new event.
Step 2: Preview what your guests will see
Check out what time slots your guests will see when they book time for this event.
- At the upper right-hand corner of the event type settings page, select View live page.
Tip: You can also see your scheduling site that shows all of the events you offer. From your Calendly dashboard, select the link just below your name at the upper left-hand side of the page.
Step 3: Share your event
Now share your link so others can book time with you!
To share your event's scheduling page where guests can choose times:
- From your Event types tab, select Copy link on the event you want to share. You can then paste the link into an email or text message.
- Send the link to another person.
Tip: Send your link to yourself to see what others will see.
To send times in an email:
- From your Event types tab, select Share on your event tile, then Add times to email.
- From your calendar, select days and times to add to your email. Select Continue when finished.
- You will see a visual of what will be pasted into your email. Select Copy times to clipboard.
- Now you can paste these times into your email body.
Now you’re ready to meet with someone!
To take it to the next level:
- Fine tune your availability
- Manage your events on the go with Calendly's mobile apps
- Add Calendly to your browser for quick, anytime access
Explore our Help Center for more ways to use Calendly to make scheduling easier.
Have a question? Use the Contact Us button at the top of the Help Center page. We’re always here to help!