Individual event types
A one-on-one event type is a meeting between a Calendly host and an invitee.
Some common ways to use a one-on-one event type include:
- A phone screening with a candidate
- Office hours with a student
- Coffee chat with a client, colleague, or friend
A group event type is a one-to-many meeting, with one Calendly host and multiple invitees.
Since multiple invitees can meet with a host at one time, you can set the number of invitees for each time slot on your booking page. Each time slot will remain available until all spots are filled.
Some common ways to use a group event type include:
- Museum or campus tours
- Group fitness classes
- Admissions sessions for a university
For more information on group event types, check out Multi-person scheduling options for teams.
Multi-person event types
A round robin event type is a one-on-one event that's cycled through your team, depending on your team's availability or distribution preferences.
Calendly will randomly assign an event to an individual host from a pool of hosts.
Some common ways to use a round robin include:
- A sales call where a lead can be paired with any sales agent
- Onboarding calls where new customers can connect with anyone on the client services team
- Support calls where existing customers can connect with any support agent
- A personal training session where a customer can book a time with the next available trainer
For more information on round-robin event types, check out Multi-person scheduling options for teams.
A collective event type is a many-to-one meeting, with multiple Calendly hosts and one invitee. This event type allows a single invitee to book with multiple Calendly hosts at one time.
With collective event types, Calendly pools your team members' availability to make sure your teammates are all free when an invitee selects a time to meet.
Some common ways to use a collective event type include:
- Panel interviews
- Product discovery calls
- A troubleshooting call hosted by both a support agent and engineer
- A client call hosted by an account executive and sales development rep
For more information on collective event types, check out Multi-person scheduling options for teams.