Google Meet is the enterprise version of Google Hangouts, a video conferencing application you use to host meetings with people in or outside of your organization. Connect Calendly with Google Meet to add it as a location option and add a conferencing link to confirmation messages that invitees receive.
By default, Google Meet adds a U.S. dial-in number and the web conferencing link to calendar invitations. To use international numbers, you must subscribe to Google's G-Suite Enterprise or G Suite Enterprise for Education. If you select multiple countries, Google adds a link in the invitee notification that displays dial-in options for other countries.
Before you begin
To connect Google Meet with Calendly make sure:
- Google Meet is enabled for your organization (if not, ask your G-Suite account administrator to enable it)
- Google Calendar is connected to Calendly (if not, go to Calendar Connections and connect them).
If you don't connect a Google Calendar, Google Meet details won't be added to the calendar invitation (you'll need to create and share the Google Meet information to share with invitees).
- If you're a member of a team, connect your personal Google Calendar to Calendly before you use Google Meet as a location. Without a connected calendar, the Google Meet location details are omitted from the invitation and a warning message appears prompting you to connect a calendar.
SEE THESE PROCEDURES:
To add Google Meet as a location option for personal event types
- From the Home page Event Types tab, and click the event.
- Expand the What event is this? section.
- At Location, select Google Meet / Hangouts.
- Click Save & Close.
To add Google Meet as a location option for team event types
- At the right top of the Home page, select the All teams view.
- Click the event type.
- Expand the Team Members & Location section.
- If you're setting up a round-robin event, select Google Meet / Hangouts as the location for each team member.
- If you're setting up a collective event:
- Expand the Notifications and Cancellation Policy section.
- At Sending from, change the user (Google Meet uses the information of the user who is sending the scheduled event notification).
- Click Save & Close.