Distribute events round-robin to team members
Calendly's round-robin feature streamlines scheduling by letting an invitee instantly schedule with any available team member. This increases the chances of your invitee finding a convenient time, and is great for:
- Connecting leads with sales reps for intro calls and demos
- Connecting new customers with the client services team for onboarding and training
- Connecting existing customers a member of the support team
- Connecting candidates with recruiters for phone screenings
- Many other team scenarios
IN THIS ARTICLE:
Round-robin video example
Skip to 00:20 in this video to see round-robin scheduling in action:
Setting up round-robin
Note: to assign events to team members round robin/by priority, first make sure:
On your Event Types page, toggle to Team view and click the team page you'll be working on. Select "Add Event Type."
Creating a team event type is very similar to creating a solo event type, with a few important extra steps:
- Selecting "Round Robin" as the style of the event
- Choosing how team members and invitees will connect
- Choosing which team members can receive this type of event (and adjusting priority, if you prefer)
When invitees view this event type, they'll see the pooled availability of all team members who've been selected to accept meetings of this type.
Once a meeting is scheduled, both the invitee and the team member who's been assigned the meeting receive confirmation emails, so each person knows who they’re meeting with.
How does round-robin logic work?
When more than one team member is available at the time an invitee selects:
- Calendly assigns the meeting to the team member with the highest priority
- If team members have equal priority, Calendly assigns the meeting to the team member who's been waiting the longest for a new meeting
- If team members tie on the 2 points above, the meeting is assigned at random