Distribute events round robin to team members
Calendly's round robin feature streamlines scheduling by letting an invitee choose a time with any available team member. This increases the chances of your invitee finding a convenient time, and is great for:
- Connecting leads with sales reps for intro calls and demos
- Connecting new customers with the client services team for onboarding and training
- Connecting existing customers with a member of the support team
- Connecting candidates with recruiters for phone screenings
IN THIS ARTICLE:
Setting up round robin
First, complete the steps to setting up a team. Creating a round robin event type is very similar to creating a solo event, with a few additional steps:
- Select "Round Robin" as the style of the event type
- Choose which team members can be scheduled for this type of event
- Select your preferred distribution option
Once an event is scheduled, both the invitee and the assigned team member will receive a confirmation email informing them of who they are meeting with.
When invitees schedule an event set with priority-based distribution, they will see the pooled availability of all those who have been assigned to it. If any one team member is available, the corresponding time slot will be offered.
When more than one team member is available for the time an invitee selects:
- Calendly assigns the meeting to the team member with the highest priority. You can set individuals' priority by filling in the stars next to their names.
- If team members have equal priority, Calendly will assign the meeting to the person who has been scheduled least recently for this event.
- If team members tie on the 2 points above, the meeting is assigned at random.
If you would like events to be assigned to your team members evenly, you may prefer to use fair distribution. With this setting, Calendly will monitor how many events are assigned to each individual. If someone on your team has been assigned too many meetings, their availability will be hidden from the scheduling page until other the members catch up.
- If there are no fair team members available for a specific time slot, it will not be displayed.
To determine who is fair, Calendly will compare the number of meetings assigned to each team member in the mutual time they have been assigned to the event.
This setting will increase the fairness of events allocated for your team, though it may decrease the amount of available time slots for invitees to choose from.
Using our Availability Diagnostic Mode, you can see time slots that have been removed from the scheduling page due to unfair distribution.