Google Calendar added a new policy recently for users to help combat spam. This new policy impacts all scheduling tools, including Calendly. Events set up for calendar invitations will only be added automatically if you have had previous interaction with your invitee. For an invitees first time booking, the calendar event will not be automatically added. First time invitees will need to confirm their booking by clicking on a confirmation link within their email inbox.
In order to allow calendar invitations to be added automatically within your Google Calendar, there are a few things you can do:
- Google Calendar users can change this setting at anytime from within their account by:
- Click Settings on the top right hand side of your Google calendar.
- Under General, select Event Settings.
- Under Add invitations to my calendar, select From everyone.
- You can click on the "I know the sender" button when presented which will add that email address to your Google Calendar safe senders list for future events to be added automatically.
- Once you have done this, you will need to click Yes on the event invitation to ensure it is added to your Google calendar.
Below are a few other recommendations to keep your meetings visible to your invitees:
- For standard, teams & enterprise users, we recommend setting up email reminders and SMS messages within workflows. This can help you get ahead of low attendance or no-shows for your scheduled events.
- For other users, you can link the Google support steps to your booking page confirmation page. Using a "custom link" labeled "For Google Calendar Users" your invitees can easily be redirected to the steps to change their default settings.