With Zapier, you can easily trigger actions in other apps after a Calendly event is scheduled or canceled. Zapier supports 750+ apps including Slack, InfusionSoft, ActiveCampaign, Mailchimp and much more. Learn more about Zapier here.
IN THIS ARTICLE:
Note: Zapier integration is a feature of our Upgraded plans.
Some ways you can use Zapier
- Automatically create or update Infusionsoft contacts when a Calendly event is scheduled.
- Automatically add invitees to a Mailchimp list when a Calendly event is scheduled.
- Automatically add or update ActiveCampaign contacts when a Calendly event is scheduled.
- Automatically get a digest of upcoming Calendly events delivered to your Gmail or Slack account daily, weekly or monthly.
- Find more of our most common zaps here, or take a look below:
Getting started with Zapier integration
- Head over to Zapier.com and create a new Zap with Calendly as the trigger app.
- You'll be prompted to enter your Calendly API token, which can be generated on the Calendly integrations page.
- Choose which app you want Zapier to take action in after a Calendly event is scheduled or canceled.
- Select "Connect & Continue", then visit your scheduling page to create a test event.
- Optional: use Zapier filters to limit when actions are triggered. For example, you might only want to trigger actions for certain Calendly event types—not for every event type you use. See "Common Questions" below.
Zaps our users love most
- Update mailing list after an event is scheduled
- Send invitees SMS reminder notifications
- Send invitees a follow-up email
- Send invitees a post-meeting survey
Update mailing list after an event is scheduled
Send invitees SMS reminder notifications
Send invitees a follow-up email
Send invitees a post-meeting survey
- How do I trigger Zapier actions for only some Calendly event types?
- I have several team pages with the same event types on each. How do I trigger separate Zaps for each team?
How do I trigger Zapier actions for only some Calendly event types?
Let's say you want to trigger an action when a client schedules an "Initial Consultation Call," but not when they schedule a "Follow-up Call."
Or, if you're a team manager, you need to trigger an action when some of your team members are booked, but not others.
To set that up:
- Follow steps 1 and 2 in "Getting started with Zapier integration."
- Add a filter:
3. If an event type on your Calendly page should trigger the action, set up this filter:
4. If this is a team event type and only some team members should trigger the action, set up this filter:
I have several team pages with the same event types on each. How do I trigger separate Zaps for each team?
Add a unique UTM parameter to each team page's Calendly link, then use Zapier's UTM filter to trigger the correct Zap:
Note: UTM parameters are meant to be added to a Calendly link within the channel you're using to share your link. For example, let's pretend:
- You've set up a Calendly page for your sales team, calendly.com/acme-sales
- You want to track this link's activity in an email campaign
To do this, you'll add UTM parameters directly to the link while building your email campaign. So within the campaign, your link will look like this: