Common iCloud Calendar questions
IN THIS ARTICLE:
- Checking calendar connection settings
- I own multiple calendars on different platforms. How can Calendly check them all?
- How can Calendly check multiple people's calendars (not just mine)?
- Why are some iCloud calendars missing?
- Why does Calendly show me as available during all-day events?
- Why can't I connect my iCloud account?
- Security FAQ
Checking your calendar connection settings
- 1. Browse to the Calendar Connection settings page to confirm your settings.
- 2. If Calendly has successfully connected to your iCloud account, then the connected calendar will be displayed as seen below. If not, you'll see the option to connect your calendar.
Hint: Disconnect your current calendar connection to see the option to connect to iCloud.
Here's how the connection works:
- Only events scheduled through Calendly appear in your Calendly dashboard.
- Calendly checks your connected calendar for events marked "busy" and excludes them from your availability. This ensures that when invitees view your page, they only see times that you're definitely available.
- When an event is scheduled, Calendly publishes that new event to your calendar automatically, so you'll see it in both the Calendly dashboard and your calendar.
I own multiple calendars on different platforms (e.g., a personal iCloud Calendar & an Outlook calendar for work). How can Calendly check them all?
Calendly can connect to one calendar platform per account. However, you can use our team features as a workaround to check calendars across multiple platforms:
- Create a separate Calendly account for each calendar platform you use
- Add your additional accounts as users under your original account
- Create a team page for all of your accounts
- Use collective scheduling to ensure Calendly only accepts new events when you're available across all platforms
How can Calendly check multiple people's calendars (not just mine)?
Calendly can manage multi-person scheduling in several ways, depending on your team's needs. These include:
- 1. Pooling people's availabilities, then assigning new events to individual team members round-robin/by priority. Events can continue to be scheduled for the same time slot as long as at least one team member is available at that time.
Click here for a setup guide to round-robin/priority scheduling.
- 2. Letting invitees select which team member they want to meet with from one main page, then scheduling a new event directly with that person
Click here for a setup guide to team member selection.
- 3. Pooling 2+ team members' availability, and letting an invitee schedule only when all team members are mutually available, adding all team members to each new event.
Click here for a setup guide to collective scheduling.
Why are some iCloud calendars missing?
If you have connected Calendly to iCloud, but are not able to see some of your calendars, then these may be subscribed calendars. Calendars that you subscribe to via a web address cannot be read by Calendly.
Why does Calendly show me as available during all-day events?
By default, all-day events are marked as "available" in iCloud calendars. Calendly makes you available during "available" events. The all-day event's status can be changed in your iPhone's calendar.
Why can't I connect my iCloud account?
The most common issues when trying to connect an iCloud account are:
Note: If you have 2-step verification enabled, make sure the app-specific password generated from your Apple account, matches what has been entered in Calendly.
The Calendly iCloud Calendar integration uses your iCloud credentials to access the iCloud API. While Calendly securely stores and restricts access to the iCloud credentials we collect, there are further controls that users have to secure their account credentials. Apple now requires app-specific passwords for third-party apps that have been granted access to your iCloud account.
How to setup two-factor authentication
1. Sign into your Apple ID account page
2. Follow the steps to setup Two-Factor authentication from your account's Security settings
How to create an app-specific password
Note: You must enable Two-Factor authentication before you can generate an app-specific password
1. Sign into your Apple ID account page
2. Follow the steps to generate an app-specific password from your account's Security settings
3. Copy and paste this password into Calendly to connect your iCloud account