This article contains common troubleshooting steps related to Calendly's routing with Salesforce (SFDC) lookup.
I created a route, but that route is being skipped. Why?
Check out the common list of reasons why your routes are being skipped below:
- There is not an owner for the full email address or email domain collected in the form.
- There is an owner, but that person is not a user within your Calendly organization.
- There is an owner and that person is a user in Calendly, but they are not assigned to the managed event type used as the destination in the route.
- There is an owner and that person is a user in Calendly, and they are assigned to the managed event type used as the destination in the route, but the email address used in the SFDC user profile is different from the one they use to login to Calendly with.
Uncommon reasons for this behavior include:
- The SFDC account connected has reached its API volume limit for the day and thus Calendly was unable to execute the route. For more information, check out this help center article from Salesforce: API Request Limits and Allocations.
- Salesforce had a server/timeout error at the moment Calendly attempted to execute the routing logic.
Why am I seeing duplicate events on my calendar when I have Salesforce connected to Calendly?
- Check to see how many calendar connections you have in Salesforce. For more information, check out the following help center article from Salesforce: Connect Your Salesforce Calendar with External Calendars.
- Einstein Activity Capture is enabled and sending these duplicate events. For more information, check out the following help center articles from Salesforce:
- Multiple flows are enabled that create events.
I want to route by the Salesforce email field, but it's not an option in the routing form drop-down menu. What should I do?
- To troubleshoot effectively, you will need to confirm that your Salesforce account's field permissions are properly configured.
- From the Object Manager tab in Salesforce, select Contact.
- Select Fields & Relationships in the sidebar menu.
- Select the specific field that is currently missing from the routing form drop-down menu in Calendly. (e.g. Email)
- Select Set Field-Level Security.
- Scroll down to System Administrator, and ensue the profile associated with your connected Salesforce account has access/permissions to the field in question by checking the Visible check box.
- Once you have made the necessary changes, select Save.
- Navigate to your Calendly routing form.
- Refresh/reload the page.
- The field in question should now appear in the drop-down menu.