Calendly offers 2 Round Robin distribution settings:
- Optimize for Availability (with or without team member Priority)
- Optimize for Equal Distribution
With Optimize for Availability, Calendly looks at the following factors when distributing a meeting to a team member:
- Who is available? If a team member on the Round Robin event is unavailable in either his/her Calendar or Calendly account, then they will not be able to be booked for the event.
- Who has the highest Calendly Priority? If a team member's Priority star is filled up or higher than another team member's Priority start, then Calendly will look to book the prioritized team member more often, based on availability:
- Who was least recently scheduled for this event? If all factors tie (Availability & Priority) then Calendly will assign the meeting to the person who was least recently scheduled for this Round Robin event. Other recently scheduled events (outside of the Round Robin event in question) are not taken into consideration.
With Optimize for Equal Distribution, Calendly looks to assign team members meetings equally. Some things to keep in mind:
- Unfairness & Threshold: Calendly will remove the availability of a team member once they have 3 bookings more than another team member. This threshold can't be manipulated. (In this case, a team member who has met the threshold will not be able to be booked until the other team member plays catch-up.) Use the Admin View at anytime to troubleshoot why you or your team member is unavailable, as shown below in a case where there was unequal distribution:
- Resetting the Algorithm: If a team member is added/deleted from the Round Robin event, then the algorithm is reset. This will cause team members to who've previously booked on the event to end up with more meetings at the end of the week/month than his/her counterparts.
If at anytime you want to check out how the numbers are stacking up for your team event (especially Round Robin ones) then feel free to download an Activity Report via the settings gear of the event:
I hope this helps. If it does, please be sure to upvote it!
Senior Product Specialist
The Calendly Team
Please sign in to leave a comment.