To use Calendly with Salesforce without interrupting your Salesforce's production instance, you can install the Calendly package within your Salesforce Sandbox environment. While you won't be able to authenticate the Calendly and Salesforce integration, you'll be able to customize and test the default CreateEvent and CancelEvent flows. To install the Calendly Package in your Salesforce Sandbox:
- Download and install the Calendly Package located, here. Then log in using your Salesforce Username and Password.
Note: Your Calendly account will not be authenticated with your Salesforce Sandbox instance so you will not be able to automatically test the flows by scheduling events through your live Calendly scheduling link.
- To manually test the Calendly package, add a CalendlyAction object tab
- From the Salesforce setup page, in the Quick Find box, enter Tabs, then select Tabs.
- Click New in the Custom Object Tabs related list.
- Select the CalendlyActions custom object to appear in the custom tab.
- Select the newly added CalendlyActions tab.
- At CalendlyActions Home, select New.
- At New CalendlyAction, and within the Information section, set:
- CalendlyAction Name to invitee.created. (or invitee.canceled to test the CancelEvent flow.)
- Duration to a value greater than 0, but less than 720.
Note: Make sure the Invitee Email and Event Primary Publisher Email are different from one another to prevent a flow error.
- Fill the rest of the fields with dummy data, then select Save.
This will trigger the process for the CreateEvent flow to run. Repeat this process each time you make a change to the flow so that you can test it with a newly created CalendlyAction. To test a reschedule event in the SF Sandbox environment, create a CalendlyAction with an invitee.cancel action, then create a CalendlyAction with an invitee.cancel action. You can create your own Event UUID to reference.