To avoid creating leads when invitees book with you
You can modify the flow to avoid creating leads. Instead of creating a new lead when an invitee does not exist in your Salesforce CRM, Salesforce will skip the step and only create an event or another standard (or custom) object such as a task or a case. To avoid creating leads:
- From your setup page locate the Quick Find / Search box in the top left-hand corner, then type flows.
- Under Build>Workflows & Approvals, select Flows. See the page refresh.
- At Flows, select Open for either the CreateEvent or CancelEvent flow.
Note: Your organization's visual builder may be viewed in the Classic or Lightning experience. Functionality remains the same.
- Scroll towards the right of the flow and locate the following elements:
- Decision, Do we have a record?
- Assignment, Set Invitee Last Name
- Decision, Invitee Last Name Exists?
- Assignment, Set Default Last Name
- Create Records, Create New Lead
- Select and delete all 5 elements leaving only the Create Records, Create Event element existing
- At the Decision, Event Owner? and Decision, User Found? elements, draw a line connecting them to the Create Records, Create Event element.
Note: Failure to complete this step will result in a flow error.
- Select Save As to save the modified version of a the flow. To activate the flow, select Activate.