We take the work out of connecting so you can accomplish more. Using these proven pro tips will allow you to focus on the most relevant Calendly features so you can get time back for what matters: delivering a better education experience.
Calendly keeps the focus on learning, instead of coordinating schedules, so that students always come first. Streamline everything from advising and tutoring to admissions interviews and tours. Scheduling with Calendly gives students, parents and educators an invaluable experience that puts them first and eliminates hassle.
Deliver a better education experience
- Increase student advisement attendance. Set up your office hours in Calendly by setting custom availability. Share your scheduling link in your syllabus, email signature or on your contact page.
- Empower students to schedule with you at their convenience. Calendly gives you several ways to embed your scheduling page on your website, whether you prefer to format inline, with a pop-up button or pop-up text.
- Split office hours with your assistant. If you have a teaching assistant that you share office hours with, use collective scheduling so you can meet with students when you are both available. If students only need to meet with one of you, schedule in shifts so that students get the most opportunities to receive guidance and feedback.
- Speed up the admissions cycle. With your admissions team added to Calendly, you can assign applicants to interviewers or schedule for them. Create a group event exclusively for admissions tours, allowing multiple people to sign up for the same time slot. Embedding this Calendly event type on your website or using the link as the call-to-action in your email campaigns is a great way to get more engagement.
- Streamline tutoring and mentoring. You can schedule your staff in shifts or leverage round robin to automatically assign staff to students as they schedule. Embed your tutoring or mentoring event on your website with a team page so students can select their session based on the subject they need help with.
- Offer quick and convenient parent-teacher conferencing. Parents can schedule with teachers online, without calling during school hours to arrange a meeting. Teachers can set their own availability including a minimum scheduling notice so they have time to prepare. They can also set daily limits on meetings to avoid having too many in one day and buffers to make sure sessions don’t run over.
- Include important faculty and staff in meetings. Do you have some meetings where parents or students need to meet with both a teacher and another staff member like an administrator, counselor or behavior specialist? Collective scheduling allows you to add multiple staff members to your meetings.
- Schedule classroom visits from instructional technology resource teachers (ITRT) with ease and flexibility. If your ITRT serves multiple schools in a district, set up separate events for each school with availability blocked for the day they’re assigned to visit. You can embed your event landing page on a blog or website. Use custom questions to collect information from teachers when they request an ITRT visit, so the technology instructor knows exactly what the teacher needs help with and what supplies to bring with them.
Join the discussion with other users in your industry on our Community!