Common Office 365 questions
IN THIS ARTICLE:
If this happens, not to worry! You can try our Outlook Plugin, instead.
Checking your calendar connection settings
- 1. Browse to the Calendar Connection settings page to confirm your settings.
- 2. If Calendly has successfully detected your Outlook calendar, the connected calendar will be displayed as seen below. If not, you'll see the option to connect your calendar.
Here's how the connection works:
- Only events scheduled through Calendly appear in your Calendly dashboard.
- Calendly checks your connected calendar for events marked "busy" and excludes them from your availability. This ensures that when invitees view your page, they only see times that you're definitely available.
- When an event is scheduled, Calendly publishes that new event to your calendar automatically, so you'll see it in both the Calendly dashboard and your calendar.
I own multiple calendars on different platforms (e.g., a personal Google Calendar & an Outlook calendar for work). How can Calendly check them all?
Calendly can connect to one calendar platform per account. However, you can use our team features as a workaround to check calendars across multiple platforms:
- Create a separate Calendly account for each calendar platform you use
- Add your additional accounts as users under your original account
- Create a team page for all of your accounts
- Use collective scheduling to ensure Calendly only accepts new events when you're available across all platforms
Why does Calendly show me as available during Out of Office/Away events?
By default, Calendly makes you available during "Out of Office/Away" and "Working Elsewhere" events, but you can change this setting from your Calendar Connection page.
How can Calendly check multiple people's calendars (not just mine)?
Calendly can manage multi-person scheduling in several ways, depending on your team's needs. These include:
- 1. Pooling people's availabilities, then assigning new events to individual team members round-robin/by priority. Events can continue to be scheduled for the same time slot as long as at least one team member is available at that time.
Click here for a setup guide to round-robin/priority scheduling.
- 2. Letting invitees select which team member they want to meet with from one main page, then scheduling a new event directly with that person
Click here for a setup guide to team member selection.
- 3. Pooling 2+ team members' availability, and letting an invitee schedule only when all team members are mutually available, adding all team members to each new event.
Click here for a setup guide to collective scheduling.