Using Calendly for interviews
Adding Calendly to your interview process eliminates email tag and makes connecting with candidates instantaneous. Check out some of the most popular ways to do this:
Recruiting passive candidates
- When reaching out cold, adding Calendly to your signature lets an interested candidate schedule a phone call right away:
- Do you use Skype, GoToMeeting, Join.me, or another video platform to connect with candidates? Add your web conference details to Calendly so they automatically appear in calendar invites.
Responding to applicants & scheduling phone screenings
- Create a specific event type for each stage of the process (e.g., "Phone screening," "First onsite," "Second onsite"). Add the appropriate event type's link to your email template for inviting an applicant to a phone screen, an onsite, etc. You can include your own links, a hiring manager's links, or...
- To match an applicant with any available interviewer on your team, Calendly can assign screenings round robin to team members. Screenings can continue to be scheduled during any given time slot until no more interviewers are available at that time.
- Customize the confirmation and reminder emails candidates receive to include next steps and day-of details. This ensures that once they schedule, each candidate gets all the details they need automatically—without you having to copy, paste, and manually send info to every candidate, before every interview.
Follow-up interviews with multiple execs or managers
- For interviews involving more than one team member (e.g., a hiring manager and a department head), use collective scheduling to loop in the right people. Calendly will only display start times that work for everyone, and will add all team members to the calendar event once the interview is scheduled.