Which Outlook connection option is right for me?
IN THIS ARTICLE:
There are two options for connecting with Outlook:
- Office 365 (recommended option for Office 365 users)
- Requirements: Supports all versions of Outlook connected to Office 365.
- If you’re using Office 365, this method will work with all versions of Outlook across all operating systems. It will also work whether you’re using Outlook on your desktop or if you’re using the web client. The only requirement is that you’re using Office 365, and that your company has no restrictions on your ability to connect Office 365 with third-party apps.
- To set this up, visit your Calendar Connection page and follow the instructions to connect Office 365 as your calendar. If you encounter any errors while attempting to connect your Office 365 calendar, this probably indicates you're not using Office 365, or that your admin has restricted your ability to connect Office 365 with third-party apps like Calendly. If this happens, not to worry! You can try the Outlook Plug-in option described below:
- Outlook Plug-in
Does Calendly work with Exchange?
If your company is using Exchange, you'll want to connect your calendar using our Outlook plug-in. The plug-in requirements are described above.
Which versions of Outlook does Calendly work with?
- If you're using our Office 365 connection, Calendly works with all versions of Outlook.
- If you're using our Outlook plug-in, Calendly requires:
- Outlook 2007, 2010, 2013 or 2016 and one of these versions of Windows:
- XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 or 10.
How do I find out whether my company uses Office 365?
Use http://mxtoolbox.com to look up your company's domain. If you're using Office 365, you'll see this result:
How does Calendly treat Busy, Out of Office and other statuses?
Calendly prevents invitees from scheduling during times marked "Busy" in your Outlook calendar.
If you'd like to prevent new meetings during times you're marked "Out of Office," "Away," etc., you can set this up on your Calendar Connection page:
Can I use Calendly with my Mac?
- If you're using Office 365, yes, since our Office 365 connection works across any device.
- If you're using the Outlook plug-in, you'll need to use Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 or 10.
How do I find my plug-in key?
You can find your plug-in key in two clicks on your Calendar Connection page:
How often does Calendly sync with Outlook?
- If you're using our Office 365 connection, Calendly detects all changes made to your calendar in real-time, regardless of whether your device is running or connected to the internet.
- If you're using our Outlook plug-in, Calendly will sync your availability at whatever frequency you select while your PC is connected to the internet and the plug-in is running. If you turn off your PC, Calendly will sync all calendar changes the next time you turn on your PC and run the plug-in again.