Create event type templates and add users to your account
IN THIS ARTICLE:
Create event type templates for users
As an Owner or Admin, you can assign customized event types to your users' accounts. Event type templates are predefined settings for the event types that can be applied to new users at the time they accept the invitation to join your organization, or assigned to preexisting users. Default templates are provided to get you started.
Add, edit, or remove new event type templates
Visit your Users page and select "New User Settings". Select the gear icon and choose the option to delete a template you'd like to remove. To add one, click "Add Event Type Template".
Save solo event types to a template.
From your Personal or All User event type list, select the gear associated with the event type you would like to save. Then choose the option, "Save to Template."
Add event type template to existing user
A team owner or admin can add templates by navigating to the All Users tab on their Event Types page. Click "+ Event Type" under the preferred user, then select the desired template to save.
Add users and paid seats to your account
- Adding a new user simultaneously 1) purchases a paid seat for that user and 2) sends them an email invite to join your organization. As soon as they accept, the paid seat you've purchased for them is applied to their new account.
- Each new user gets their own Calendly account and individual Calendly page, along with event types you assign to their account. You'll also be able to include them in team-wide scheduling.
Select Add Users from your Users page.
Enter the email addresses of the users you'd like to invite to your organization. Click Next.
Choose which event types your new users will start with. Creating an event type template will add an event type to this step.
A popup window will appear, confirming 1) the number of users you’d like to add, 2) the cost of the new users and 3) the prorated cost of your account as it currently stands.
Click Add to confirm. Invitations will be sent to your new users, allowing them to set up their new accounts as soon as they like.
Grant users admin/editing privileges
Note: To help you understand this guide, let's define the following terms:
- Has their own personal Calendly page (e.g., calendly.com/janedoe)
- Can be added to a team and included in event types that appear on team-wide pages
- Can only edit the settings and event types of their personal page
- Has all abilities of a user, and...
- Can create and manage event types that appear on team-wide pages
- Can add/remove users from a team
- Has all abilities of team managers and...
- Can add/remove users from the organization
- Can add/edit/remove event types from users' accounts
- Can create their own teams
- Can manage billing details for the organization
- Has all abilities of admin and...
- Can change roles of other team members
- Can reassign ownership (a one-time switch)
- Manages team billing
Promote a user to team manager
From your Team Management page, locate your preferred team and select “Edit team".
From there, you’ll be able to choose which team members to promote to Team Managers.
Promote a user to admin
From your Users page, click the gear icon next to the user you want to promote.
Transfer ownership to another user
Notes: When ownership is transferred:
- You will no longer be the Owner.
- You will stay in the organization as an Admin.
- The new Owner will now manage your account.
From your Users page, click the gear icon next to the user you'd like to make the new Owner. Select "Change role."
From the pop-up dropdown menu, select "Owner"and click "apply."
Remove users and paid seats from your account
- When a user is removed from your organization, their paid seat still remains. This allows you to invite a new user to your organization in their place, without having to purchase an additional seat.
- This guide will show you how to remove a user and their paid seat, if desired.
From your Users page, click the gear icon next to the user you'd like to remove. Select "Remove".
If you'd also like to remove their paid seat from your plan, go to your Billing page and select "Remove Users" from the dropdown menu.
In the popup window that appears, type the number of seats you'd like to remove and click "Remove."