Create Event Type Templates and add Users to your account
IN THIS ARTICLE:
Create Event Type templates for newly added users
As an Owner or Admin, you can assign customized Personal Event Types to the accounts of your newly added Users. Event Type Templates are predefined settings for the Event Types given to users at the time they accept the invitation to join your organization. Default templates are provided to get you started.
- If you plan to distribute Event Type Templates, be sure they are created prior to inviting users to your team.
There are 2 ways to create an Event Type Template:
1. Add a new template to your User Settings.
From your Users page, select "New User Settings."
Then, choose "Add Event Type Template."
2. Clone your Personal Event Types to a template.
From your Personal Event Type list, select the gear associated with the Event Type you would like your new users to have. Then choose the option, "Clone to Template."
Add users and Paid seats to your account
- Adding a new user simultaneously 1) purchases a Paid seat for that user and 2) sends them an email invite to join your organization. As soon as they accept, the Premium seat you've purchased for them is applied to their new account.
- Each new user gets their own Calendly account and individual Calendly page, along with Event Types you assign to their account. You'll also be able to include them in team-wide scheduling.
Select Add Users from your Users page.
Enter the email addresses of the users you'd like to invite to your organization. Click Next.
Choose which Event Types your new users will start with. Create an Event Type Template to add an Event Type to this step.
A popup window will appear, confirming 1) the number of users you’d like to add, 2) the cost of the new users and 3) the prorated cost of your account as it currently stands.
Click Add to confirm. Invitations will be sent to your new users, allowing them to set up their new accounts as soon as they like.
Grant users admin/editing privileges
Note: To help you understand this guide, let's define the following terms:
- Has their own personal Calendly page (e.g., calendly.com/janedoe)
- Can be added to a team and included in event types that appear on team-wide pages
- Can only edit the settings and event types of their personal page
- Has all abilities of a user, and...
- Can create and manage event types that appear on team-wide pages
- Can add/remove users from a team
- Has all abilities of users and team managers
- Can add/remove users from the organization
- Can create their own teams
- Can manage billing details for the organization
Promote a user to team manager
From your Team Management page, click the gear icon next to your preferred team and select “Edit."
From there, you’ll be able to choose which team members to promote to Team Managers.
Promote a user to admin
From your Users page, click the gear icon next to the user you want to promote.
Transfer ownership to another user
Notes: When ownership is transferred:
- You will no longer be the Owner.
- You will stay in the organization as an Admin.
- The new Owner will now manage your account.
From your Users page, click the gear icon next to the user you'd like to make the new Owner. Select "Change role."
From the pop-up dropdown menu, select "Owner"and click "apply."
Remove users and Paid seats from your account
- When a user is removed from your organization, their Paid seat still remains. This allows you to invite a new user to your organization in their place, without having to purchase an additional seat.
- This guide will show you how to remove a user and their Paid seat, if desired.
From your Users page, click the gear icon next to the user you'd like to remove. Select "Remove."
If you'd also like to remove their Paid seat from your plan, go to your Billing page and select "Remove Users" from the dropdown menu.
In the popup window that appears, type the number of seats you'd like to remove and click "Remove."