Common Outlook plug-in questions
IN THIS ARTICLE:
Checking & troubleshooting plug-in settings
Some common reasons your Outlook calendar and Calendly account may not be syncing:
- 1. Is the plug-in definitely running?
Make sure the plug-in is either open on your desktop, or is running in the systems tray (sometimes called the "notifications tray"):
- 2. Are you using a version of Outlook older than 2007, or a Mac?
To run successfully, the plug-in requires:
- Outlook 2007, 2010, 2013 or 2016
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 or 10
- 3. Is the newest version of the plug-in being used?
If you see this message on your Calendar Connection page, you'll want to open your plug-in and follow the upgrade instructions:
- 4. Is the correct calendar being checked for conflicts?
If new events aren't publishing to your Outlook calendar, Calendly may be sending them to a different calendar. Here's where to view and select which calendar new events should be published to:
- 5. Are your Advanced Settings limiting how often Calendly syncs?
- your Auto Sync setting is either "Realtime" or "Every 5 minutes"
- your Sync Time setting is "Always synchronize"
- 6. "A dialogue box is open. Close it and try again."
If an Outlook calendar event is open while you're trying to view your plug-in settings, an error message will appear. Closing the Outlook calendar event should allow you to view your plug-in settings.
Why does Calendly show me as available during Out of Office/Away events?
By default, Calendly makes you available during "Out of Office/Away" and "Working Elsewhere" events, but you can change this setting from your Calendar Connection page.
Where is my plug-in key?
You'll find your plug-in in two clicks on the calendar connection page:
I've installed the plug-in. Why can't I find any calendars to connect?
If you have installed the plug-in, but cannot select a calendar, then you may have a web-based version of Outlook (Outlook Live, Outlook.com, Outlook Express or Outlook Web App), typically provided by either Hotmail, MSN or 1&1.
Because this version of Outlook is not installed to your desktop, the plug-in cannot find a local connection. To use the plug-in, you'll need to install Outlook as a program to your desktop.
How often does Calendly sync with Outlook?
Calendly will sync with your calendar at whatever frequency you select while your PC is connected to the internet and the plug-in is running. If you turn off your PC, Calendly will sync all calendar changes the next time you turn on your PC and run the plug-in again.