Common Google Calendar questions
IN THIS ARTICLE:
- Checking calendar connection settings
- I own multiple Google Calendars. How can Calendly check them all?
- I own multiple calendars on different platforms. How can Calendly check them all?
- How can Calendly check multiple people's calendars (not just mine)?
- How can I get rid of the video call link that appears in all my calendar events?
Checking calendar connection settings
- 1. Browse to the Calendar Connection settings page to confirm your settings.
- 2. If Calendly has successfully detected your Google calendar, the connected calendar will be displayed as seen below. If not, you'll see the option to connect your calendar.
Here's how the connection works:
- Only events scheduled through Calendly appear in your Calendly dashboard.
- Calendly checks your connected calendar for events marked "busy" and excludes them from your availability. This ensures that when invitees view your page, they only see times that you're definitely available.
- When an event is scheduled, Calendly publishes that new event to your calendar automatically, so you'll see it in both the Calendly dashboard and your calendar.
I own multiple Google Calendars. How can Calendly check them all?
Let's say you need Calendly to check multiple calendars—both your work and personal—for conflicts. Example:
- Calendar 1 (your work calendar, already connected to your Calendly account)
- Calendar 2 (your personal calendar, not yet connected to your Calendly account)
You can achieve this by sharing Calendar 2 (personal) with Calendar 1 (work) in Google Calendar. After that, Calendly will be able to read both for conflicts. This process can be repeated for as many additional calendar accounts as needed.
- Open Calendar 2 (the calendar not yet connected to Calendly). Click the arrow next to this calendar's name and select "Share this Calendar."
- Under "Share with specific people," enter the email address connected to Calendar 1 (the calendar already connected to Calendly).
- Under "Permission Settings," allow that email address to "Make changes AND manage sharing," then click "Add Person."
- Open your Calendar Connection page in Calendly.
- Under "Check Calendar for conflicts," you'll see the new calendar you've just shared.
- Add a check mark next to that calendar and hit "Save changes."
I own multiple calendars on different platforms (e.g., a personal Google Calendar & an Outlook calendar for work). How can Calendly check them all?
Calendly can connect to one calendar platform per account. However, you can use our team features as a workaround to check calendars across multiple platforms:
- Create a separate Calendly account for each calendar platform you use
- Add your additional accounts as users under your original account
- Create a team page for all of your accounts
- Use collective scheduling to ensure Calendly only accepts new events when you're available across all platforms
How can Calendly check multiple people's calendars (not just mine)?
Calendly can manage multi-person scheduling in several ways, depending on your team's needs. These include:
- 1. Pooling people's availabilities, then assigning new events to individual team members round-robin/by priority. Events can continue to be scheduled for the same time slot as long as at least one team member is available at that time.
Click here for a setup guide to round-robin/priority scheduling.
- 2. Letting invitees select which team member they want to meet with from one main page, then scheduling a new event directly with that person
Click here for a setup guide to team member selection.
- 3. Pooling 2+ team members' availability, and letting an invitee schedule only when all team members are mutually available, adding all team members to each new event.
Click here for a setup guide to collective scheduling.
How can I get rid of the video call link that appears in all my calendar events?
By default, Google Apps automatically adds video calls to all Google Calendar events. Your Google Apps administrator can disable this setting using Google's short guide.