Using Calendly for office hours
Calendly is a great way to manage office hours between:
- Academic professionals and students
- Managers and employees
- Freelancers, consultants and clients
Use these best practices for maximum productivity:
- Prevent meetings from consuming your life: limit new appointments only to certain weekdays (or every weekday, but only during a few hours), then turn "off" the rest of your dates. This keeps your "off" times interruption-free.
- Ask invitees what they'd like to discuss with you, so you're fully prepared at the scheduled time.
- Add blackout dates to prevent new meetings from being scheduled on holidays, during personal conflicts, etc.
- Do you hold appointments in several locations? Create separate event types for each place you're available for office hours. Use the "How We'll Connect" setting to specify each event type's location.
- Add buffers to account for commuting time, to adequately prepare and to regroup afterward.
- Turn on reminder emails to reduce no-shows.
- Make your schedule easy for anyone to find by adding it to your email signature: