In this article, you'll find a comprehensive overview of getting started with our Microsoft Dynamics 365 integration. From integration requirements, what to expect from the integration, to installation, we'll cover it all here.
Before you begin
- Our Microsoft Dynamics 365 integration is only available for organizations on our Enterprise plan. Check out our Pricing and plans page for more information.
- Only organization owners and admins can establish the integration connection. For more information on roles within a Calendly organization, check out User roles and permissions.
- You'll need to be on the Microsoft Dynamics 365 Sales Enterprise plan or higher Or the Microsoft Dynamics 365 Sales Professional + Power Automate User plan or higher.
You’ll need to have “Create” record-level privileges in Microsoft Dynamics 365 in order to add or update records.
What the integration does
Calendly's Microsoft Dynamics 365 integration offers a seamless connection between your scheduling and CRM processes, empowering you with transparency and control over your meetings and customer data. By incorporating this integration into your workflow, you can streamline your scheduling activities and enhance your sales and customer management efforts.
With our Microsoft Dynamics 365 integration, you can:
- Create or update leads/contacts when meetings are booked, ensuring the lead is associated with the appropriate owner.
- Push real-time updates when events are canceled or rescheduled.
- Map Calendly form responses to Microsoft Dynamics, which then creates an appointment. (Coming soon!)
- Push invitee no-shows to Microsoft Dynamics and from Microsoft Dynamics to Calendly. (Coming soon!)
- Associate profile and managed event type links with the correct user within Microsoft Dynamics. (Coming soon!)
How to integrate Microsoft Dynamics 365
Microsoft Dataverse connection
Dataverse is the data platform provided by Microsoft that allows you to store and manage data used by business applications. In the context of our integration, it serves as the foundational database layer that allows Microsoft Dynamics 365 to interact, store, and retrieve data. Establishing a connection to Dataverse ensures that the data flows smoothly between Calendly and Dynamics 365.
If you haven’t already connected to Microsoft Dataverse (Microsoft Dynamics) within Power Automate, follow the steps listed below.
From your Power Automate account, select Connections from the left-hand navigation panel.
Select + New connection or Create a connection.
In the search bar, search Microsoft Dataverse.
Select the Microsoft Dataverse option from the results.
A pop-up window will appear; sign in using your Microsoft credentials associated with the Dataverse.
If prompted, grant the necessary permissions to allow Power Automate to access your Dataverse data.
Once authenticated, select the Create to establish the connection.
Return to the Connections page and ensure that the Microsoft Dataverse connection is listed and shows a status of Connected.
Calendly connection in Power Automate
This connection allows Power Automate to understand and manage the scheduling data coming from Calendly. By establishing this connection, Power Automate can automate workflows based on events in Calendly, like creating or updating leads in Dynamics 365 when a meeting is booked.
From your Calendly Home page, select Integrations.
From the Integrations page, select Microsoft Dynamics 365.
Select Connect Microsoft 365.
Note: You’ll be redirected to Power Automate to configure the Dynamics 365 integration.
From the Calendly marketplace page in Power Automate, select one of our pre-built templates (Create and update a lead when a Calendly event is created or Cancel an appointment when a Calendly event is canceled) to begin the connection process.
Once you've selected a template, select Try it now.
You'll then be prompted to Sign up or Sign in to your Power Automate account.
Note: Once you're logged into your Power Automate account, you will establish the template connection.
From Microsoft Dataverse, select Create to connect your Microsoft Dynamics account.
From Calendly, select Create to connect your Calendly account.
At Connection name, name your connection.
- Retrieve your personal access token from Calendly.
- From your Calendly Integrations page, select API & webhooks.
- To create a new personal access token, select Get a token now.
- From Choose a name for this token, add a name.
- Select Create token.
- You'll then be promted to enter a two factor authentication code. Navigate to your email to retrieve the code and enter the code to verify.
- Once your personal access token generates, select Copy token.
- From Personal Access Token in Power Automate, paste your personal access token and select Create.
- Once you've connected both Microsoft Dataverse (Microsoft Dynamics) and Calendly, select Continue.
- Note: You'll be directed to the flow editor page. From there, you can edit the flow or simply save the pre-built flow.
- Select Save.
For efficient data synchronization between Calendly and Microsoft Dynamics 365, we recommend using our predefined templates. These templates automate specific tasks, streamlining the process and ensuring consistent data transfer. Check out the two primary templates and their associated actions below.
Create and update a lead when a Calendly event is created
- When a Calendly event is created, a new lead and appointment will be created in Dynamics 365. If the lead already exists, the information will be updated and an appointment will be added. Newly created leads will be associated with the owner if one exists.
Cancel an appointment when a Calendly event is canceled
- When a Calendly event is canceled, the corresponding appointment will be canceled for that contact in Dynamics 365.
For additional information and answers to common questions, check out our Microsoft Dynamics 365 via Power Automate FAQs article.