Before you begin
The Outlook Plug-in is for Windows only and is not available for Mac. Calendly's Outlook desktop plug-in works with:
- Outlook 2007 or later
- Windows XP or newer
Calendly's Outlook plug-in is not compatible with Outlook versions downloaded from the Microsoft/Windows store. Outlook must be downloaded from your O365 account in order to be compatible with the Outlook plug-in.
Outlook plug-in vs. Outlook add-in
The Outlook plug-in connects your Outlook calendar directly to Calendly to check for conflicts and add events. The plug-in is separate from the Outlook add-in, which allows you to access and share your scheduling links and availability from your Outlook toolbar.
How to install the plug-in
- Navigate to your Calendar Connection page from the drop-down menu on the top right corner of your page.
- Locate the option for the Outlook plug-in and select Connect.
- Download the plug-in and save the file.
Note: If you see a security pop-up, be sure to allow permissions to begin installing. Depending on your browser, you may need to locate and open the downloaded file to run the installation.
- Calendly will generate a unique key for you to copy and paste into your plug-in settings. Enter your plug-in key.
- Select which calendar accounts you would like to check for conflicts. You will be considered unavailable during any busy events added to these calendars, and the corresponding times will be removed from your scheduling page.
- Finally, choose the calendar you would like newly scheduled events to be added to and save the changes.
- Select Save.
To initiate communication between the plug-in and your events, click Sync Now in the bottom left corner of the plug-in window. The date and time will appear to show that your events have successfully synced between Outlook and your Calendly account.
The plug-in will only sync when it is running in the background and your computer is connected to the internet. That being the case, you can only connect one plug-in per account.
Note: If you're running into trouble, please read Troubleshooting the Outlook Plug-in for troubleshooting steps. For additional information about the Outlook Desktop Plug-in, check out Outlook Desktop Plug-in.